· Don’t waste time. Raising money for charity is not something that can be done overnight. So as soon as you register you charity, start asking people for donations. That way you will have a head start on attaining your objectives.
· Objectives should be high and but attainable. If you feel at any point that the objectives are being achieved easily, then raise the bar. There is nothing wrong in doing this and the more money you have for you charity the better it will be.
· Get you donor lists organized. Start off with all the email contact you can gather and then move on to normal mailing lists and phone numbers. Get everyone in your charity to pool in their contacts and work off a master list. If you are organized this way, it will be easy for you to get your message out.
· Tell your story well. The reason why your charity exists, why you are part of it, what it will achieve etc., are important features of your message. Make people feel compelled to donate to or participate in the charity.
· Have schedule for your emails. You need to send at least for emails to each person; each of them a reminder to donate and the final one taking the form of “last chance to donate”. Then you should also send out emails thanking those who did donate and also update everyone on how the money is being used.
These are just a few tips that will help you get organized and move quickly to raise money for your favorite charity. Show people that you are in command, are open and working for a worthy cause and there is no reason as to why you should not succeed.
Article submitted by Interior Design Houses.com.